The mission of the Pat Tillman Scholarship Foundation is to invest in active and veteran military service members and their spouses through educational scholarships-building a diverse community of leaders committed to service to others. The goal of the scholarship is to pay for expenses that are not paid through an award from the GI Bill and other government assistance.
The program also aims to provide support and guidance to empower Tillman Scholars to contribute, lead their communities, and help ease their transition to civilian life.
Level/Field of Study
The scholarship is open to all levels and fields of study.
The Tillman Scholars programme is a US based scgolarship program for patriots serving in the US Military.
Criteria for the Tillman Scholarship
The following must be met in order to be eligible for the Tillman Scholarship;
- Active-duty and veteran military personnel
- Honourably discharged from post-9/11 and prior service
- All branches of the U.S. Military including; the National Guard and Reserve
- The spouses of veterans who are currently active-duty service members, which provides for survivors of spouses
- Members of the military or spouses who are pursuing an education as a full-time student:
- Undergraduate (bachelors or higher)
- Graduate or post-graduate degree
- Private or public U.S.-based accredited institution
Renewability of annual funding will be taken into consideration to be considered for Tillman Scholars based on:
- Graduation date that is expected to be met
- Proof of full-time student status and at-least 3.0 GPA.
- Participation in Tillman Scholars Tillman Scholar community
- Participation in the service must be documented.
- Reliable the use of scholarships
Scholarships for military personnel can only be used towards one post-secondary degree.
Required Supporting Documents to Apply for the Tillman Scholarship
The applicants will have to present the necessary documents;
- The DD-214 (Documentation about military experience or community impact of a military spouse).
- Two essay questions
- Financial worksheet
- A character recommendation from a third-party
- 250 word Bio
Suppose an applicant advances to the next stage. In that case, they’ll request additional information at various points of the selection, including the Student Aid Report of FAFSA, two photos of military service or with a spouse, and institutional financial aid award letters upon completing a background check.
Candidates interested in applying can now sign up and start participating in the Tillman Scholars Program on the official website.
Deadline for the Tillman Scholarship
The application will open from February 1st to March 1st, 2022. Applicants can visit the official website for more information before applying at https://pattillman.fluidreview.com.
Application Process for the Tillman Scholarship
Apply directly on the Tillman Foundation website. The application online is usually due at the end of February each year.
To be prepared to apply, ensure that you have the following information accessible during the process, including military service history and academic record, enrollment plans and anticipated living expenses, and educational and financial information for the next academic year. All Tillman Scholar applicants must fill out their free application to Federal Student Aid(FAFSA) to be eligible for federal funding.
The following is considered by the Tillman Scholarship committee in deciding the beneficiaries of the scholarship;
- Educational and career ambitions
- Record of military service and/or community impact as a military spouse
- Record of personal achievement
- Demonstration of service to others in the community
- Desire to continue to serve others and make a positive impact on your community
- Leadership potential
- Compelling, thoughtful, genuine, and thorough essay question responses
The Tillman scholarship pays for educational expenses, which include tuition along with living costs, books, and other fees for up to 60 members. However, scholars get more than just money. Additionally, Tillman Scholars receive the following advantages:
- The ability to join The Tillman community and leadership for opportunities within it.
- Invitation to attend the annual Pat Tillman Leadership Summit in Chicago, IL.
- Registration for an annual Pat’s Run in Tempe, AZ, or Shadow Runs across the country.
- Mini-grants are available to help you attend Professional development events (conferences, workshops, seminars, and training)
- Invitation to the most prestigious partner conferences such as Inc. 500/5000
- Access to affinity groups with a long history and networks for talent acquisition at top firms throughout the U.S.
- Participation in cutting-edge research studies of veterans and the military community
- Opportunities to volunteer and lead in veteran partner organizations like Team Rubicon, The Mission Continues, and Team RWB
- The world can find your Stories, research, and efforts to serve on Pat Tillman Foundation’s website and social media. Pat Tillman Foundation website and social media
About the Tillman Scholars programme
The Tillman Scholars programme, established in 2008, invests in educating America’s active-duty service members, veterans, and military spouses. Since its inception, the Foundation has named over 450 Tillman Scholars at more than 100 institutions across the country.
Tuition and fees, books, and living expenses are all covered by the scholarship. Scholars, however, receive much more than just funding. Our programme brings together the best military talent and leadership to significantly impact medicine, law, business, policy, technology, education, and the arts.
Each scholarship award depends on the applicant’s specific financial need. The average award per academic year is $10,000.